Arriving at Your New Address
Print and check off the tasks as you complete them.
| 1. Apply
for new bank account if necessary.
2. Contact the location telephone company and sign up for a phone number at the new location.
3. Contact the location Utility Company and turn on: Electric, Gas, Water and TV cable.
4. Begin to search for Medical Care; Doctors, Dentist, Veterinary and location of Hospital.
5. Begin to search for childcare options if you have children under school age.
6. Select the Schools and make enrollment arrangements
7. Apply for new Drivers License with new address.
8. Register car within five days after arrival in state or a penalty may have to be paid when getting new license plates
9. Contact your insurance agent and request insurance binder for the new home. Also ask for quotes for auto insurance for the new location because auto
insurance varies based on your location.
10. Search for a good auto Mechanic.
11. Get to know your neighbors around you.
12. Have your new home inspected and treated for termites and any other bug problems.
13. Get a locate map and fill your car up with gas and on the weekends drive around and get to know your new city.
14. Plan a SURVIVAL PACKAGE in case you have to wait for the movers: paper plates, towels, soap, toilet paper, bedding, toys to occupy children/snacks.